Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maison et Patrimoine

Here are some lovely pics of this weekend. It was "Les Journees du Patrimoine". It's one weekend per year where all of the cultural sites (museums, chateaux, etc) are all free. Patrimoine is a Europe-wide celebration to promote culture. I saw a big Bretagne parade of people who were calling for reunification of Bretagne. Essentially, from what I understand, they are wanting to reunify the Bretagne culture and region of France. They have their own Celtic language that is not at all like French, so many of their signs and chants we didn't understand. To take part in Patrimoine some friends and I walked around the city, including le Chateau des Ducs de Bretagne (the local chateau) and then getting candied apples and sitting on the grass by the moat that surrounds the Chateau. It was a beautiful afternoon! I also have included a bunch of pictures of my host house and from my street.

No comments: